Fund Human Needs, Not Corporate Greed
- Raise the minimum wage to $15/hr.
- A Millionaire’s Tax to fund mass transit, education, and living-wage union jobs providing vital social services.
- End corporate welfare. Tax freeloading corporations. Reduce the unfair tax burden on small businesses, homeowners & workers.
- Unionize Amazon, Starbucks & low-paid service workers.
- No layoffs or attacks on public sector unions!
- Put the brakes on the coal trains! Words are not enough – the council needs to pass an ordinance & organize mass protests to make Seattle coal-free.
- End the traffic disaster. Dramatically expand public transit & bikeways so cars aren’t necessary to meet day-to-day transit needs.
- We need rent control!
- End homelessness in Seattle. Fully fund services for the disabled, veterans, seniors, & families in crisis.
Fight Police Brutality & Racism
- Build a mass movement against police brutality & racial profiling. Create an elected civilian review board with full powers over the police. No SPD drones.
- The council should campaign for immediate, unconditional citizenship rights for all undocumented immigrants. Enact a moratorium on Seattle deportations.
Quality Public Schools
- Stop defunding public schools. Lower class sizes. Support Seattle teachers & students boycotting the MAP standardized test.
- Empower students, parents, and teachers to democratically develop culturally relevant curriculum. Expand anti-bullying efforts & curriculum promoting LGBTQ equality, anti-racism, and anti-sexism.